Local 614 is a utility local representing members employed by Exelon/PECO Energy and Veolia Energy.
This site is provided to serve and communicate with our members.
P.O. Box 32 Woodlyn, PA 19094 – Office: 610-876-4912 – Fax: 610-876-4913
LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS
We want to remind everyone that we are fearfully and wonderfully made and that no modern, technological medical miracle can ever fully restore us to that condition whereupon we first entered the world. Please let LIFE and SAFETY be your first and lasting choice throughout this busy day. For without Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness are mere vapors in the wind…
Thanksgiving Blessings to All!!
- The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving. – H.U. Westermayer
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. – John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- Remember God’s bounty in the year. String the pearls of His favor. Hide the dark parts, except so far as they are breaking out in light! Give this one day to thanks, to joy, to gratitude! – Henry Ward Beecher
- Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many–not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some – Charles Dickens
- If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, “thank you,” that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart
- Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow. – Edward Sandford Martin
- Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action. – W.J. Cameron
- There is one day that is ours. There is one day when all we Americans who are not self-made go back to the old home to eat saleratus biscuits and marvel how much nearer to the porch the old pump looks than it used to. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American. – O. Henry
- May the Lord of all gently invade your heart, your home and your family. May He reside with you there, to celebrate the blessings He has provided this day and every day of this life until you meet Him face to face…
AMERICA NEEDS A BUDGET THAT INVESTS IN ECONOMIC SECURITY—- NOT WALL STREET PAYOUTS! JOIN US IN A WEEK OF ACTION in a National Week of Action-Dec. 9 – 12 to Demand that Congress fight for budget proiorities that protect the middle class ! Call Congress at 1-877-662-2889 tell your representative no budget cuts to social security, medicare or medicaid, repeal and don’t replace job killing sequestration cuts and raise revenue by ending tax breaks for corporations that send jobs overseas!
Oppose undermining Prevailing Wage!
“Now it’s time to practice hanging tough. That’s a necessity, because every accomplishment, every success, has to go through tough times… Patience is the possibility thinker’s all-powerful secret weapon.”
LU 614 State Legislative Update:
When Pennsylvania passed their stalking and harassment law in 1993, it was carefully crafted and amended to avoid unintended consequences. The concern at the time was that despite the law’s intent, it could potentially be abused to allow an unscrupulous business to accuse picketing workers of harassment, or to allow an employee to accuse his boss of stalking if they received an unwanted phone call during a labor dispute.
The amendment that carved out the exemptions for both labor AND management was introduced by a Republican Representative, and it was necessary to make sure that the law did not infringe on Constitutionally protected activities.
Now, Rep.Ron Miller’s HB 1154, which would repeal the exemptions to the stalking law, might actually get a vote on the House floor. This is one more step towards criminalizing union membership in Pennsylvania!
PLEASE continue to urge your State Representative to oppose HB 1538, along with anti-prevailing wage bills HB 665 and HB 796. It only takes a moment to voice your position. The collective passion we bring to the table is a powerful force for good and seldom go’s unnoticed!
THE IBEW COPE FUND
Unions across the country are under attack!
HAVE YOU JOINED?
Download a CARD and…
Give it to your Shop Steward or an Officer or:
Mail it to:
P.O. Box 32
Woodlyn, PA 19094
Raising Political Money – The name of the game in political action is fundraising.
The bigger IBEW-COPE gets, the bigger our voice in Washington, D.C., as well as in the State Houses.
Contributions to the IBEW C.O.P.E. FUND help gain passage of favorable legislation; support candidates for office who demonstrate concern for working men and women and objectives of the entire trade union movement.
The International IBEW recommends that each member contribute only $3 per month….$36 per YEAR!!
Contact your shop steward to sign a COPE card and hand it back today
Truly a …. “if we all do a little, no one has to do a lot” situation
The IBEW Code of Excellence
The IBEW Code of Excellence is turning heads around the industry. In this video feature, President Hill talks about using a common language to deliver on our promise to the customer – quality, professionalism and giving 8 for 8.
“Whatever you most need in life, the best way for you to get it is to help someone else get it who needs it more than you do.”
1 (866) 934 5526
Pond Lehocky Stern Giordano-Call Us For Social Security & Workers Comp.
UNION BENEFITS GROUP PROVIDES INVESTMENT STRATEGIES FOR 614 MEMBERS
Union Benefits Group of Conshohocken has been selected to assist members of LU 614 with investment strategies. This is a great opportunity for 614 members to maximize their 401K selections. Union Benefits Group is dedicated to providing unions and their members with quality financial information.
THERE IS NO COST TO THE MEMBER!
Visit UBG at www.theunionbenefitsgroup.com
BEING UNION HAS ITS PRIVILEGES!
UNION PLUS DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE TO AFL-CIO MEMBERS
STAY INFORMED, SIGN UP FOR UNION PRIVILEGE NEWSLETTER.
This site is best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 or higher.